|Susan Alfieriemail@example.com • 415-828-4314
linkedin.com/in/susanalfieri • San Rafael, CA 94903
Results-driven and visionary leader with extensive experience in program management and content marketing and development.
Skilled in defining and executing short- and long-term business strategies to amplify revenue. Demonstrated excellence in creating and integrating content marketing campaigns. Talented mentor/manager. Known for creativity, solid work ethic, and capability to promote a positive work environment. Strong leadership and analytical skills as well as critical decision-making ability with a commitment to work with integrity, positivity, and quality. Award-winning comedic storyteller/stand-up comedian featured at SF Moth, Punchline, Cobb’s, and Throckmorton Theater.
Areas of Expertise
|· Content Marketing & Strategy
· Social Media/SEO/AB Testing
· Project Management
|· Strategic Marketing Planning
· B2B Marketing & Promotions
· Event Planning
· Public Relations
· Social Media Marketing
Content Strategy Certified, HubSpot, 2021 | Winner, American In-House Design Award for event collateral, 2010 | Account Based Marketing ABM Certified, DemandBase, 2019 | Content Marketing Certified, HubSpot, 2019 | Email Marketing Certified, HubSpot 2019 | Winner, Marin Comedy Competition, 2018
Marketing Director, Content Avalere Health (Life Sciences & Healthcare Consultancy),
Remote 2021 – Present
Spearhead end-to-end development of content and marketing strategy, analyzing, prioritizing, approving, and leading marketing activities to generate leads and increase visibility. Tasked with establishing new value proposition, changing firm voice, and developing new pitch deck structure. Draw on digital expertise in relaunching external website, managing updates and modifications to grow online presence and provide more of an empathic external facing personality. Revitalize the marketing team to align firm goals and steer work improvements. Direct external PR firm to enhance brand and generate greater awareness.
- Performed overhaul of content marketing strategy, which included taking inventory of existing assets of over 1,000 pieces, categorizing them, refreshing older content, and developing a plan for new pieces and a new direction.
- Developed new company mission statement and value proposition.
- Directed underperforming department to boost overall performance, supervising the content strategy, public relations, and communications and tradeshow/events teams to align their efforts to meet or exceed sales revenue and client retention goals.
- Grew engagement on social media channels by 25% by changing tone of posts.
- Envisioned and developed new marketing SOPs to improve team structure and execute on marketing plan.
- Successfully steered demand generation campaigns to meet quarter end goals.
- Promoted marketing senior associate to marketing manager and hired new marketing associate to ensure growth.
Freelance writer, San Francisco, CA 2016- Present
Draft copy for web pages, storyboards, scripts, social posts, instructional guides, press releases, taglines, comedy, win stories, value propositions, etc. Specialize in medium to short form copy that has a personal tone. Key clients include Deloitte, Ketchum PR, Inspirage Consulting, various smaller businesses.
Assistant Marketing Director, Media & Entertainment, Ernst & Young, San Francisco, CA 2019 – 2021
Ran content strategy and promotion, copywriting, scheduling, logistics, and promotions for the Media & Entertainment sector. Created and executed marketing strategies, including print and social media, paid media, digital platforms, and campaigns to proactively raise visibility of firm and grow business. Governed end-to-end duties of multi-channel marketing campaigns from strategy development to theme conceptualization. Defined and managed budget with aim of cost minimization and assured execution of all tasks within the budget. Worked with stakeholders to identify key messaging. Directed both internal and external communications for events and programs. Ensured implementation of strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Created content marketing campaigns for several high-profile survey reports infusing creativity and thinking outside the box.
- Pivoted in-person events to interactive, webinars in wake of COVID-19.
- Created campaign brief and content development templates used across company.
- Developed content for the Firm’s launch of Marketo.
- Launched paid search and paid social campaigns on LinkedIn and DemandBase for highly visible firm content.
- Crafted instructional guides for event planning while identifying needs for streamlined processes.
Content Marketing Manager, Green Dot Internal Agency, Deloitte, San Francisco, CA
2015 – 2018
Spearheaded creative processes, content development, and campaign design by working closely with multidisciplinary teams and acquiring a deep understanding of business objectives. Amplified revenue growth by producing web page copy, blogs, social media, promotional email copy, tag lines, video scripts, memorable branding, and advertising content that gain and hold consumer interest.
- Analyzed website traffic and managed SEO strategies to sustain consistent growth and ongoing improvement.
- Exemplified a solid working knowledge in technology, life sciences, and retail industries and trends.
- Succeeded on obtaining increased content readership by introducing creative ways of positioning and promoting.
Life Sciences Marketing Manager, Deloitte, San Francisco, CA 2014 – 2015
Designed and managed best-in-class B2B issue-based marketing programs that nourished the opportunity funnel. Contributed in executive-level meetings with influencers such as Johnson & Johnson and UCSF. Built and sustained relationships with strategically aligned external organizations like BIO, CLSA, and BIOCOM. Acknowledged for ROI gained through vertical market campaigns.
- Launched events to obtain new business; achieved notable ROIs and outcomes due to successful execution.
- Recognized by senior leadership for creative content marketing and event ideas, including execution and delivery.
Technology and Life Sciences Marketing Leader, Moss Adams LLP, San Francisco, CA 2012 – 2014
Directed focus of day-to-day operations toward developing high-quality go-to-market strategies and verifying business plans to decide on an effective direction for marketing. Utilized expert writing, editing, and publishing skills to optimize brand exposure and evaluate effectiveness by collecting measurable data on ROIs. Took charge of all digital marketing efforts.
- Worked closely with senior leaders on developing and achieving sales goals.
- Managed finances by initiating budgets; handled all public relations activities and protected brand image.
- Integral in designing and executing the premier video project for the firm to convey key brand messaging.
Technology and Life Sciences Industry Pursuit Team Leader, Grant Thornton LLP, San Francisco, CA 2011 – 2012
Launched company’s first centralized pursuit center. Oversaw complex internal processes, directed cross-departmental team members, and delegated tasks and goals at the start of each day. Thrived under the pressure of a fast-paced environment and ensured that milestones were met within strict deadlines. Shaped and trained new teams and distributed introductory materials.
- Built departmental frameworks, prepared for successful launches, and oversaw on-boarding of a new team.
- Heavily contributed to the success and evolution of the team and prioritized their professional growth.
Integrated Marketer, West Region, Grant Thornton LLP, San Francisco, CA 2006 – 2011
Led all aspects of content development, writing, editing, marketing, and advertising campaigns for the department. Held accountable for training more than 200 employees on company products and software, resulting in increased efficiency and usage by 30%. Hired public relations firm to garner media attention for the firm.
- Honored with the American In-House Design Award in 2010 for innovative and gripping event materials.
- Received recognition from company C-Suite executive on effective, creative, and quality proposal writing skills.
- Drove business objectives and enhanced overall direction of the marketing team to reach monthly and annual goals.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication | William Patterson University, Wayne, NJ